Location: Zanesville, OH
Type: Full Time
Min Experience: Mid-Level
You’re an ultimate team player who will create value in any situation. You understand creative problem solving and have a passion for storytelling on every platform. You’re an adaptable idea person who understands that good ideas can come from anywhere, and have the ability to guide a brainstorm. You’re highly observant and write because you love to. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You’ll be asked to do a range of creative work from faster, “smaller” pieces of content to “bigger” builds for a range of clients, as well as DISRUPT Media projects
- You’ll work within a dynamic team structure with several creative leads, helping to support and deliver on our core community and brand specific campaigns
- Create 3-4 free resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.).
- Blog on an ongoing basis for clients and DISRUPT Media producing multiple content pieces weekly
- Collaborate with designers, product marketing, sales, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both the company and our audience.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
- Care more about concepting, writing, developing, and putting the team in the best position to present our ideas than you do about getting credit for the work
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A Bachelor’s degree or entrepreneurial street creds and 2-4 years of experience copywriting, developing, and creating for digital/social + campaigns
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills
- The ability to follow direction, and give and take constructive criticism
- An aptitude for time management, organization, and communication
- A talent for wearing multiple brand hats and switching easily among brand voices
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Past experience building audiences either online or offline.
- A passion for storytelling, a mastery of grammar and the English language, and the ability to tailor your writing to tell that story on a variety of topics
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing the most useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner
- A mastery of social media best practices and the platforms we love, as well as be willing to learn and articulate the unique DISRUPT Media POV on each
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing DISRUPT Media family and a smile on their face a majority of the time
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
DISRUPT Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.