Video Content Creator
DISRUPT Media is looking for a Video Editor to join the video and production team. At DISRUPT Media, we’re lucky that everyone within our walls thinks creatively – and shares a passion for building communities and understanding a world of micro-content. Our editors serve a slightly different role than more traditional “video editors” but thankfully none of which involve the term “editing ninja.”
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone who’s naturally creative. You enjoy working with video, post-production, and creative personalities. You love working on a team just as much as you enjoy owning your own plate of work. Communicating within the agency, along with working in a fast-paced environment comes easily to you. You are also resourceful, responsive, and eager to get the job done. All with a smile on your face.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this position, you MUST provide a link to your demo reel.
- Work closely with our Creative Director and Marketing Pods to develop, create, and produce videos, including promotional, product, marketing, and company videos.
- Create and edit video content for multi-platform use and distribution including online, DVD and social media channels (Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat, IGTV, Facebook Stories and Instagram Stories).
- Editing many types of videos for a diverse range of clients
- Editing both live action and animation projects
- Editing audio and sound design on projects
- Manage media assets and archiving on all company projects
- Assisting with department operation: client relations, asset tracking, on-set production, to name a few
- Engage in opportunities to develop original content and concepts for web and mobile
- Create motion graphics and animations using 2D and 3D applications for marketing and promotional usage.
- Real world videography and production experience. (DEMO Reel is a MUST)
- Knowledge of the video production process: directing, filming, interviewing, boarding, editing, encoding, uploading, and managing media.
- Production skills: photography and videography, camera operation, sound, lighting, and quality sound capture.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, etc.)
- Strong understanding of post-production workflow
- Good knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, and their proper handling in a post workflow
- Must be extremely organized and able to successfully reach multiple deadlines at once
- Comfortable with Gsuite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc)
- Audio post production experience is a plus (recording, mixing, scoring, etc)
- The ability to communicate needs in a positive and productive fashion
- Proven range of both pre-production and post-production skills.
- Big ideas, big ambition, not-so-big ego.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent real-world, hands-on experience